Writing a diary is an effective way of appreciating and enhancing your life. So, here are 10 reasons why keeping a diary is a great idea.
- Record special days – Most of us take pictures as a way of remembering a special day. Use your diary to keep special memories alive in your mind.
- It’s something to look back on in the future – a diary can help us learn from mistakes we’ve made, see how far we’ve come and what we’ve achieved.
- Track your personal patterns / behaviours – whether you’re trying to quit smoking or get fitter, using your diary to record your progress can help motivate you to reach your personal goals!
- Record “ordinary” days – our day to day lives can feel repetitive and boring and we fail to appreciate the little joys of everyday life. Use your diary to record these special moments and your life will feel a lot more exciting and your days fuller.
- Make to-do lists – use your diary to organise your daily life. Whether it’s at work or home, a to do list is useful to help prioritise tasks and get your day in order.
- Note ideas for creative projects – you might have an idea inspired by a place you’ve been, an image you’ve found… Take a photo, or jot down your idea. Your diary can be your way of keeping your ideas alive until you’re ready to put them into action!
- Monitor health – Keep track of illness, medicine, treatment and procedures. This is an effective way to keep track of your health and wellbeing.
- It’s therapeutic – you can tell your diary things you don’t want to tell others. Whenever you have a problem and write your thoughts and feelings in a diary, it helps to offload and clear the mind of negative thoughts.
- Keep a work diary – Note time spent on tasks and projects, this information is very useful to help you manage your time and prioritise your work. It’s an effective way to help organise your day and reduce your stress levels.
- To record yourself into history – leave your children something to remember you by. You can tell your story and record all the things you’ve accomplished in your life.
Orla makes it easier to keep a diary and it is never too late to start!